Announce Your Engagement & Wedding

The Livingston Enterprise and The Big Timber Pioneer offer free engagement and wedding announcements. If neither the prospective bride nor the groom resides or has resided in Park County, include information about her or his connection to the community, unless it is obvious from a parent’s residency. Information about educational background of the prospective bride and groom may be included if desired. A photo may be included free of charge.

Emailed submissions of both text and photo are strongly preferred. Email community news at The Enterprise. Call The Pioneer for information,
(406) 932-5298. We offer forms in order to indicate the kind of information often included. Time, placement and amount of text included in an announcement is at the discretion of a newspaper’s editor.

Obtain a Marriage License

Both of you must appear before the Clerk of District Court to obtain a marriage license. Bring your identification and brides under 5o years of age should have the results of a Rubella blood test or plan to sign a waiver. Be prepared to give some information about yourselves and your parents including birthplaces. A marriage license in Montana currently costs $53.